A small historical reference
Geography: Bulduri is a residential area and neighbourhood of the city of Jūrmala, Latvia.
Bulduri station - a part of the Riga beach and stopping point of Jurmala, located 20 km from Riga, the holiday village. The station serves the cottagers and residents. The station opened in 1877, called by the name of the owner of the estate Johanna Buldrinka (Bulderinga) was called Bilderlingskhof. Since 1919 it called Bulduri.
This is one of the first suburban area of Riga seaside - its construction started in 40-ies of the XIX century. In 1875, it was built for about 400 cottages. Well-off representatives of the German circles of Riga lived here, for which this place was often called the “German fortress”.
In 1910, the former estate of Bulduri was founded the first school of horticulture in Latvia. On the territory of today's horticultural college is also Bulduri Dendrological Park.
During the era of Imperial Russia, Bulduri was known to western visitors as Bilderlingshof and in Latvian as Bilderliņi Restaurant and nightclub Jūras Pērle (Sea Pearl) was built in Bulduri in 1965 according to plans by architect Josif Goldenberg and demolished in 1994.
On August 2018 opened new synagogue Beit Israel. It is the only active synagogue in Jurmala and the first one to be build after the destruction of the local Bulduri synagogue in 1941.
In the early years of the 21st century, a shopping center and a water park were built near the bridge over Lielupe on the site of the former stadium.
Date of foundation:
Population: 3 070